Monday, December 17, 2012

Still in Switzerland but on my way to Norway!

Dear Nick,


It has been very busy here.  I was invited to spend time with another family; Doug, Chris, Callum, and Ailsa Swan.  They were planning a trip and thought I might want to come. I was so excited I couldn't stop wiggling! Before we left though, we had errands to run. I got to see a Christmas tree and a nativity scene carved from wood. 
 
 
Oooh, I never told you where we are going...! We are going to Norway.  There are reindeer and polar bears there.  I'm a little nervous.  I think the Swans are hoping to see the Northern Lights. They are supposed to be very pretty- like colored curtains hanging in the sky.  Here I am next to a poster of the Northern Lights (they are also called the Aurora Borealis).
 
 
We will be there soon and I will let you know everything I see! Here are some interesting things the Swans told me about Norway.  It's dark- a lot. The sun rises about 9:15 am and sets about 3:11!  That's only 6 hours of sunlight.  The Nobel Peace Prize is also given out in Oslo, the capital of Norway. The Peace Prize is given to someone who has done something outstanding to make or keep peace. The Artic fox lives there and his fur changes with the seasons; usually grey and white but in summer it turns light brown. I think I will try to avoid him.
 
Bear Hugs,
 
Robert
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment