Sunday, December 9, 2012

I'm in Switzerland!

Dear Nick,

I made it! It was a very long flight. We flew from Boston all the way to Zurich, Switzerland.  It's very cold here. It's been snowing a lot I've heard.  I like my family; Doug, Jen, Sam, Lauren, and Caroline. Caroline took care of me right away.  I've met  a new friend, Bun Buns, a purple rabbit.

Caroline INSISTED her Dad take the two of us to a festival in town.  We could have walked but she just loves taking the bus, so we did. There were loads of people there.  Elves were giving out fruit and candy, performances in the street, and people were reading fairy tales to the children.  I didn't understand much because they speak Swiss German here.  Switzerland has FOUR national languages; French, German, Italian, and Rumantsch. Caroline and I had a ball- I got to ride a camel!





Caroline told me that there are 26 cantons in Switzerland. A canton is like a state.  There are so many mountains and I can see a very famous one, Mount Pilatus, from my house. It's all covered in snow.

This week I am really hoping to go to school with Caroline and Lauren.They go to school on a mountain and have to take a special train there called a funicular. I heard they go sledding at recess and and ice skate for gym. I can't wait!

I will send another note soon. I miss you beary much, I wish you were here.

Bear hugs,
Robert

2 comments:

  1. Wow Robert Bear! Sounds exciting!! Safe travels. I wish I was in your position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! The first bear to travel outside the US!

    ReplyDelete