Monday, April 29, 2013

Tennessee!


Robert Bear checking in!!

I have been in Middle Tennessee visiting Michael, Terry, Cameron and Braeden Conley.  When I first arrived we traveled to Owensboro, Kentucky for Easter. We colored Easter eggs and then got to help hide the eggs.

 

 
Then the best part….I got to help Cameron and Braeden find them. It was so much fun!! We then went back to where they live in a little place called Rockvale TN which is in Rutherford County. Rutherford County contains the geographic center of Tennessee (as in the very middle). I visited the exact spot!! 
 
It also is home to the largest public university in the state, Middle Tennessee State University. They are called the Blue Raiders. We visited the university and watched the Tennis team practice. We also visited the Stones River National Battlefield in Murfreesboro, which was home to one of the bloodiest battles of the civil war.

 
In the matter of 3 days from December 31,1862 to January 2, 1863 almost 25,000 casualties were taken between the Union and Confederate armies. We got to see some of the actual cannons, wagons, and grave markers from the battle.
 
 

 I hope you are having as much fun following my travels as I am in travelling! See you guys soon! The way of life back in the 1860’s was very different from today that is for sure. I will be traveling to visit 1stLt Evan Weaver of the U.S. Army next but I will tell that story once I get there!

                                                Love, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment